I created this dish when I was pressed for time during the workweek. It couldn't be easier to make! Frozen ingredients really help save time, and it's also wonderful with noodles.— Donna McLeod, Bentonville, Arkansas
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen pepper and onion stir-fry blend
- 1 jar (16 ounces) pineapple salsa
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 4-1/2 cups hot cooked brown rice or hot cooked rice
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Heat a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium heat. Brown chicken in batches; remove from pan.
- In same pan, add stir-fry blend and salsa; bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Return chicken to pan; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, 12-15 minutes or until a thermometer inserted in chicken reads 165°. Stir in oranges; heat through. Serve with rice. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Tangy Chicken & Peppers in Taste of Home June/July 2013
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Tangy Chicken & Peppers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review