I created this dish when I was pressed for time during the workweek. It couldn't be easier to make! Frozen ingredients really help save time, and it's also wonderful with noodles.— Donna McLeod, Bentonville, Arkansas
Featured In: 14 Sheet Pan Supper Recipes
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen pepper and onion stir-fry blend
- 1 jar (16 ounces) pineapple salsa
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 4-1/2 cups hot cooked brown rice or hot cooked rice
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Heat a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium heat. Brown chicken in batches; remove from pan.
- In same pan, add stir-fry blend and salsa; bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Return chicken to pan; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, 12-15 minutes or until a thermometer inserted in chicken reads 165°. Stir in oranges; heat through. Serve with rice. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Tangy Chicken & Peppers in Taste of Home June/July 2013
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Tangy Chicken & Peppers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review