Tangy Cherry Relish
This flavorful blend of cherries, onion, green pepper and carrot perks up chicken or turkey nicely. When my mom served it at a holiday meal, I just had to have this quick-and-easy recipe.
-Sue Bellamy, Roblin, Manitoba
8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling Cook: 5 min. + cooling
- 1 cup cherry preserves
- 1 cup dried cherries
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded carrot
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- Cut cherries in preserves into small pieces; place preserves in a
- saucepan. Add the dried cherries and vinegar. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat;
- cool. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Cover and refrigerate
- overnight. Serve with turkey or chicken. Yield: 2 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/4 cup) equals 158 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 150 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.