- 1 loaf (1 pound) unsliced Italian bread
- 3/4 cup butter, cubed
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) crumbled blue cheese
- 3 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Cut crust off all sides of bread. Cut into 1-1/2-in. cubes; set aside. In a large saucepan, melt butter. Stir in cream cheese until melted. Remove from the heat; stir in cheddar cheese and blue cheese until melted.
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a small bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. Fold into cheese mixture. Dip bread cubes into cheese mixture, turning to coat.
- Place on greased baking sheets; sprinkle with paprika. Bake 12-15 minutes or until bottoms are golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: about 4-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Tangy Cheese Bites
Sort By :
My Husband is a HUGE Blue Cheese fan. My son and I not so much. That being said... This recipe is a favorite at our house. I've taken to family functions as well and they're always raved about.
These sound great, but no one in my family likes blue cheese. Could another cheese be substituted?
Loved it! the whole family enjoyed, can't wait to make this again!
These were excellent and very well received! You must keep them warm to taste good though.