These hot cheese bites were brought to an election night party I attended years ago. Sharp cheddar and blue cheese give them a slightly tangy favor.
- 1 loaf (1 pound) unsliced Italian bread
- 3/4 cup butter, cubed
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) crumbled blue cheese
- 3 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Cut crust off all sides of bread. Cut into 1-1/2-in. cubes; set aside. In a large saucepan, melt butter. Stir in cream cheese until melted. Remove from the heat; stir in cheddar cheese and blue cheese until melted.
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a small bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. Fold into cheese mixture. Dip bread cubes into cheese mixture, turning to coat.
- Place on greased baking sheets; sprinkle with paprika. Bake 12-15 minutes or until bottoms are golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: about 4-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Tangy Cheese Bites in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2007, p103
Reviews for Tangy Cheese Bites
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review