Tangy Carrot Salad
Peggy Gleichman of McAlester, Oklahoma writes, "This is one of my favorite carrot recipes. Our family and friends always ask for it!"
4 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1 pound carrots, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place carrots in a steamer basket; place in a small saucepan over 1
- in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 7-10 minutes or
- until crisp-tender. Rinse in cold water.
- In a small bowl, combine the carrots, celery and onion. In another
- bowl, combine the mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar, garlic salt and
- pepper. Add to carrot mixture and stir gently to coat. Cover and
- refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield:
- 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 2/3 cup equals 142 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 443 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.