Tangy Carrot Coins
Tangy Carrot Coins give a popular nutritious vegetable a new twist, remarks Lois Stephen from Mt. Morris, Michigan. "This colorful side dish is as easy to fix as plain carrots, but the light, creamy coating makes them extra yummy," she adds.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 pound carrots, sliced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Place carrots in a large saucepan. Add 1 in. of water; bring to a
- boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 7-9 minutes or until
- crisp-tender. Drain. Add remaining, ingredients; cook and stir over
- medium heat for 1-2 minutes or until sauce is thickened and carrots
- are coated. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 142 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 296 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein.