This slaw is always in demand at home and for potluck functions. People enjoy the crunchy texture and the sweet-and-sour zip. Plus, it can easily be made ahead of time.—Rose Purrington, Windom, Minnesota
- 1 package (3 ounces) chicken ramen noodles
- 3-3/4 cups coleslaw mix
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds
- 3 tablespoons sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- In a large bowl, break noodles into small pieces; set seasoning packet aside. Add the coleslaw mix, almonds and onions.
- In a small bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar, sugar and contents of seasoning packet. Pour over coleslaw mixture and toss to coat. Serve with a slotted spoon. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Tangy Cabbage Slaw in Country Woman January/February 2002, p41
Reviews for Tangy Cabbage Slaw
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review