Tangy Cabbage Salad
Apples, marshmallows and pineapple add a new twist to coleslaw in this recipe. Everyone who samples this dish raves about the fresh, sweet flavor.
8-10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 can (8 ounces) pineapple chunks
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 cups chopped cabbage
- 2 large tart apples, chopped
- 2/3 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 cup Diamond of California Chopped Walnuts
- Drain pineapple, reserving 2 tablespoons juice in a small bowl. Set
- pineapple aside. Stir mayonnaise and sugar into juice.
- In a large bowl, combine cabbage, apples, marshmallows, walnuts and
- pineapple. Just before serving, add dressing and toss to coat.
- Yield: 8-10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 241 calories, 16 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 88 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.