Apples, marshmallows and pineapple add a new twist to coleslaw in this recipe. Everyone who samples this dish raves about the fresh, sweet flavor.
- 1 can (8 ounces) pineapple chunks
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 cups chopped cabbage
- 2 large tart apples, chopped
- 2/3 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Drain pineapple, reserving 2 tablespoons juice in a small bowl. Set pineapple aside. Stir mayonnaise and sugar into juice.
- In a large bowl, combine cabbage, apples, marshmallows, walnuts and pineapple. Just before serving, add dressing and toss to coat. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Tangy Cabbage Salad in Home-Style Soups, Salad and Sandwiches Cookbook 1996, p61
Reviews for Tangy Cabbage Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review