- 1 can (8 ounces) pineapple chunks
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 cups chopped cabbage
- 2 large tart apples, chopped
- 2/3 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Drain pineapple, reserving 2 tablespoons juice in a small bowl. Set pineapple aside. Stir mayonnaise and sugar into juice.
- In a large bowl, combine cabbage, apples, marshmallows, walnuts and pineapple. Just before serving, add dressing and toss to coat. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Tangy Cabbage Salad in Home-Style Soups, Salad and Sandwiches Cookbook 1996, p61
Reviews for Tangy Cabbage Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 9, 2010
"My husband generally doesn't like cabbage or cole slaw but he really enjoys this sweet, crunchy salad. I like to make it at Easter time. The pineapple, apple, walnuts & marshmallows really make it stand out."