Tangy-Buttered Green Beans
Years ago, my mother helped assemble a church cookbook, and this recipe was submitted by a family friend. Mom tried it on husband and kids and we all liked it. These ingredients work well with any type of green bean...frozen, canned or fresh. Beth Allard
Belmont, New Hampshire
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1-1/4 cups fresh green beans, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Place green beans in a saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil
- over medium heat. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered for 10 minutes or
- until tender.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter. Add the remaining ingredients. Cook
- and stir for 3 minutes or until heated through. Drain bean; drizzle
- with butter mixture and toss to coat. Yield: 2 servings.