Tangy Broccoli with Peanuts
"My mother-in-law always made this side for special occasions," says Susan Riley from Allen, Texas. "It may sound unique, but it tastes wonderful!"
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1-1/2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon poppy seeds
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped salted peanuts
- Place broccoli in a steamer basket; place in a small saucepan over 1
- in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 3-4 minutes or
- until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet, saute onion in butter until tender.
- Reduce heat; add the sour cream, salt, paprika, poppy seeds and
- cayenne. Cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until heated through.
- Transfer broccoli to a serving bowl. Spoon sauce mixture over
- broccoli; sprinkle with peanuts. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup broccoli with 2 tablespoons sauce (prepared with reduced-fat butter and reduced-fat sour cream) equals 102 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 232 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.