"My mother-in-law always made this side for special occasions," says Susan Riley from Allen, Texas. "It may sound unique, but it tastes wonderful!"
- 1-1/2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon poppy seeds
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped salted peanuts
- Place broccoli in a steamer basket; place in a small saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 3-4 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Reduce heat; add the sour cream, salt, paprika, poppy seeds and cayenne. Cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until heated through. Transfer broccoli to a serving bowl. Spoon sauce mixture over broccoli; sprinkle with peanuts. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Tangy Broccoli with Peanuts in Cooking for 2 Winter 2009, p60
Reviews for Tangy Broccoli with Peanuts
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review