Tangy Blue Cheese Dressing Recipe
Caramelized onions add a depth of flavor you won’t find in a store-bought dressing. As a sandwich spread, crostini topper or celery dip, keep this mixture on hand to add zip as needed. —Alisha Goins, Sabin, Minnesota
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. Cook: 35 min. YIELD:20 servings
- 1 cup chopped sweet onion
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, saute onion in oil until softened. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook, uncovered, for 30-35 minutes or until deep golden brown, stirring occasionally. Set aside to cool.
- 2. In a small bowl, whisk the mayonnaise, sour cream, buttermilk, pepper sauce and Worcestershire sauce. Stir in cheese and onion. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. Yield: 2-1/2 cups.
2 tablespoons equals 70 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 9 mg cholesterol, 156 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1 fat.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC