- 1 cup chopped sweet onion
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- In a large skillet, saute onion in oil until softened. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook, uncovered, for 30-35 minutes or until deep golden brown, stirring occasionally. Set aside to cool.
- In a small bowl, whisk the mayonnaise, sour cream, buttermilk, pepper sauce and Worcestershire sauce. Stir in cheese and onion. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. Yield: 2-1/2 cups.
Reviews forTangy Blue Cheese Dressing
"mfl - I know the recipe calls for reduced fat mayo and sour cream but it will break down less if you use full fat products. I, too, find it annoying when a blue cheese dressing breaks down and turns runny ;)"
"I'm giving this 3 stars only because it tastes good, but after 5 days in the refrigerator, the consistency changed from nice and creamy, to being similar to the buttermilk used, very 'liquidy'... very disappointing."