Tangy Blue Cheese Dressing Recipe
Caramelized onions add a depth of flavor you won’t find in a store-bought dressing. As a sandwich spread, crostini topper or celery dip, keep this mixture on hand to add zip as needed. —Alisha Goins, Sabin, Minnesota
- 1 cup chopped sweet onion
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- In a large skillet, saute onion in oil until softened. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook, uncovered, for 30-35 minutes or until deep golden brown, stirring occasionally. Set aside to cool.
- In a small bowl, whisk the mayonnaise, sour cream, buttermilk, pepper sauce and Worcestershire sauce. Stir in cheese and onion. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. Yield: 2-1/2 cups.
Originally published as Tangy Blue Cheese Dressing in Healthy Cooking April/May 2012, p32
Reviews for Tangy Blue Cheese Dressing(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Apr. 19, 2012
I'm giving this 3 stars only because it tastes good, but after 5 days in the refrigerator, the consistency changed from nice and creamy, to being similar to the buttermilk used, very 'liquidy'... very disappointing.
More Recipe Collections
- Blue Cheese Dressing >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Salad Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Salad Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Healthy Salads >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Carb Salads >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Salad Recipes >