Tangy Black Bean Salsa Recipe
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 large tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium cucumber, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1 small sweet yellow pepper, chopped
- 6 radishes, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Baked tortilla chip scoops, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the beans, tomato, cucumber, onion, yellow pepper, radishes, jalapeno and parsley.
- 2. In a small bowl, whisk the vinegar, oil and seasonings. Pour over bean mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Serve with chips if desired. Yield: 4-2/3 cups.
1/3 cup (calculated without chips) equals 63 calories, 3 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 144 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Tangy Black Bean Salsa
"Excellent recipe--just as it is; fully 5-star. I wanted to lower the sodium some, so I cooked a half pound of dried black beans instead of using canned. It was a great hit at our company picnic."
"Fresh and tasty! It was a hit."
"This was quite good. I brought it to a party and got complements on it. I don't like salsa and I thought it was tasty. I left out the jalapeno pepper as I don't like spicy things but it still tasted good."
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.