Ann Yarber of Goldsby, Oklahoma describes her salsa as “healthy for you and full of flavor.” The colorful medley also offers an appealing tang and crunch.
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 large tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium cucumber, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1 small sweet yellow pepper, chopped
- 6 radishes, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Baked tortilla chip scoops, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the beans, tomato, cucumber, onion, yellow pepper, radishes, jalapeno and parsley.
- In a small bowl, whisk the vinegar, oil and seasonings. Pour over bean mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Serve with chips if desired. Yield: 4-2/3 cups.
Originally published as Tangy Black Bean Salsa in Healthy Cooking April/May 2008, p49
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Tangy Black Bean Salsa
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review