Tangy Black Bean Salsa Recipe
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 large tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium cucumber, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1 small sweet yellow pepper, chopped
- 6 radishes, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Baked tortilla chip scoops, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the beans, tomato, cucumber, onion, yellow pepper, radishes, jalapeno and parsley.
- In a small bowl, whisk the vinegar, oil and seasonings. Pour over bean mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Serve with chips if desired. Yield: 4-2/3 cups.
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Tangy Black Bean Salsa(3)
Sort By :
Excellent recipe--just as it is; fully 5-star. I wanted to lower the sodium some, so I cooked a half pound of dried black beans instead of using canned. It was a great hit at our company picnic.
Fresh and tasty! It was a hit.
This was quite good. I brought it to a party and got complements on it. I don't like salsa and I thought it was tasty. I left out the jalapeno pepper as I don't like spicy things but it still tasted good.
More Recipe Collections
- Appetizers >
- Cinco de Mayo Appetizers >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Diabetic Appetizers >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Father's Day Appetizers >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Healthy Appetizers >
- Healthy Cooking Appetizers >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Finger Foods >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Jalapeno Salsa Recipe >
- Low Carb Appetizers >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Appetizers >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Mexican Appetizers >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Mexican Salsa Recipes >