Tangy Beef Turnovers
"My mom's recipe for these flavorful pockets called for dough made from scratch, but I streamlined it by using crescent rolls," informs Claudia Bodecker of Ash Flat, Arkansas. "My children love them plain or dipped in ketchup."
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 jar (16 ounces) sauerkraut, rinsed, drained and chopped
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 3 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat
- is no longer pink; drain. Add sauerkraut and cheese.
- Unroll crescent roll dough and separate into rectangles. Place on
- greased baking sheets; pinch seams to seal. Place 1/2 cup beef
- mixture in the center of each rectangle. Bring corners to the center
- and pinch to seal. Bake at 375° for 15-18 minutes or until
- golden brown. Yield: 1 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 179 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 447 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 11 g protein.