"My mom's recipe for these flavorful pockets called for dough made from scratch, but I streamlined it by using crescent rolls," informs Claudia Bodecker of Ash Flat, Arkansas. "My children love them plain or dipped in ketchup."
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 jar (16 ounces) sauerkraut, rinsed, drained and chopped
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 3 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add sauerkraut and cheese.
- Unroll crescent roll dough and separate into rectangles. Place on greased baking sheets; pinch seams to seal. Place 1/2 cup beef mixture in the center of each rectangle. Bring corners to the center and pinch to seal. Bake at 375° for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Tangy Beef Turnovers in Quick Cooking March/April 2000, p8
Reviews for Tangy Beef Turnovers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review