Tangy Beef Turnovers Recipe
"My mom's recipe for these flavorful pockets called for dough made from scratch, but I streamlined it by using crescent rolls," informs Claudia Bodecker of Ash Flat, Arkansas. "My children love them plain or dipped in ketchup."
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 jar (16 ounces) sauerkraut, rinsed, drained and chopped
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 3 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add sauerkraut and cheese.
- Unroll crescent roll dough and separate into rectangles. Place on greased baking sheets; pinch seams to seal. Place 1/2 cup beef mixture in the center of each rectangle. Bring corners to the center and pinch to seal. Bake at 375° for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Tangy Beef Turnovers in Quick Cooking March/April 2000, p8
Reviews for Tangy Beef Turnovers(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Feb. 18, 2012
My husband loves these. I made them for a family get together and everyone thought they were great. My sister suggested to save time, just assemble and bake whole in a 9x13 pan instead of assembling the individual portions.
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Easy Main Dish Recipes >
- Easy Recipes >
- German Dinner Recipes >
- German Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Quick Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Beef Dinners >