Tangy Beef Stroganoff Recipe
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 8 ounces beef top sirloin steak, thinly sliced
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 small onion, sliced into rings
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Basil Spaetzle or hot cooked noodles
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the flour and sour cream until smooth. Add the tomato paste, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, bouillon and caraway; mix well. Set aside.
- 2. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook the beef, mushrooms, onion and garlic in butter until beef is browned and vegetables are tender. Add the sour cream mixture; heat through but do not boil. Serve over Basil Spaetzle (recipe also in Recipe Finder) or noodles. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (calculated without Spaetzle or noodles) equals 377 calories, 22 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 118 mg cholesterol, 782 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 26 g protein.
Reviews for Tangy Beef Stroganoff
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.