Tangy Beef Stroganoff Recipe
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 8 ounces beef top sirloin steak, thinly sliced
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 small onion, sliced into rings
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Basil Spaetzle or hot cooked noodles
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the flour and sour cream until smooth. Add the tomato paste, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, bouillon and caraway; mix well. Set aside.
- 2. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook the beef, mushrooms, onion and garlic in butter until beef is browned and vegetables are tender. Add the sour cream mixture; heat through but do not boil. Serve over Basil Spaetzle (recipe also in Recipe Finder) or noodles. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (calculated without Spaetzle or noodles) equals 377 calories, 22 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 118 mg cholesterol, 782 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 26 g protein.
Reviews for Tangy Beef Stroganoff
"The sauce was good but we didn't care for the strong flavor of the caraway seeds so I'd suggest leaving them out or reducing the amount. Served with a boxed spaetzle and the combination was great,"
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.