Prepared Catalina dressing adds tangy-sweet flavor to this fast fresh-tasting salad. It's chock-full of good stuff, including crisp lettuce, tomatoes, pepper and beans. "Add the corn chips last so they stay crunchy," suggests Lorraine.
- 2 cups Tomato Ground Beef Mix
- 6 cups torn iceberg lettuce
- 1 medium green pepper, diced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 large tomato, cut into wedges
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 bottle (8 ounces) Catalina salad dressing
- 1/2 to 1 cup coarsely crushed corn chips
- In a large saucepan, cook beef mix until heated through. In a large bowl, combine the lettuce, green pepper, onion, tomato, beans and cheese. Add beef mix. Drizzle with dressing. Sprinkle with corn chips. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Tangy Beef Salad in Quick Cooking March/April 2001, p36
Reviews for Tangy Beef Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Feb. 13, 2011
"if you search for tomato ground beef mix you will find it"
Reviewed Feb. 2, 2011
"How much beef do you use? And what is the Tomato Ground Beef Mixture?"