Tangy Beef Mushroom Stroganoff Recipe
- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 pound mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- Hot cooked noodles
- Paprika and chopped fresh parsley
- Cut beef into 1/8-in. thick strips. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook beef in butter until no longer pink. Remove with a slotted spoon and keep warm.
- In pan juices, cook mushrooms and onion until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in flour. Add water, lemon juice, vinegar, bouillon, salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in sour cream and beef; heat through (do not boil). Serve with noodles. Garnish with paprika and parsley. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Tangy Beef Mushroom Stroganoff(16)
Sort By :
This was delicious. Definitely a keeper. I used a tablespoon of Malbec instead of red wine vinegar, which probably added to its superbness.
Nice, easy, basic. Good but not our favorite.
Excellent and quick to prepare! I used 2 garlic cloves only because I am a garlic fan. Thank You!
Have made this dozens of times and used many cuts of beef. I prefer to leave the beef pink in step 1 as it cooks more when added back in. Fresh mushrooms & fresh squeezed lemon make it fabulous! This is better than any restaurant version and the leftovers are awesome!
I make this recipe at the fire station and have never had a single complaint. Everyone loves it! I try to use a good grade of sirloin tips from the meat counter instead of stew meat. It is very tangy. The lemon and rice vinegar are the key ingredients here. I always use baby bella mushrooms as well. I serve it over rice or egg noodles with cooked carrots and salad and rolls. YUM!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Beef Stroganoff >
- Dinner Recipes >
- German Dinner Recipes >
- German Recipes >
- Mushroom Main Dish Recipes >
- Mushroom Recipes >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Quick Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Beef Dinners >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >