- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 pound mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- Hot cooked noodles
- Paprika and chopped fresh parsley
- Cut beef into 1/8-in. thick strips. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook beef in butter until no longer pink. Remove with a slotted spoon and keep warm.
- In pan juices, cook mushrooms and onion until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in flour. Add water, lemon juice, vinegar, bouillon, salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in sour cream and beef; heat through (do not boil). Serve with noodles. Garnish with paprika and parsley. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Tangy Beef Mushroom Stroganoff
Sort By :
"Simple and wonderful."
"this is by far my favorite stroganoff recipe. it's also very good w/venison."
"This was delicious. Definitely a keeper. I used a tablespoon of Malbec instead of red wine vinegar, which probably added to its superbness."
"Nice, easy, basic. Good but not our favorite."
"Excellent and quick to prepare! I used 2 garlic cloves only because I am a garlic fan. Thank You!"