Tangy Beef Mushroom Stroganoff Recipe
- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 pound mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- Hot cooked noodles
- Paprika and chopped fresh parsley
- 1. Cut beef into 1/8-in. thick strips. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook beef in butter until no longer pink. Remove with a slotted spoon and keep warm.
- 2. In pan juices, cook mushrooms and onion until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in flour. Add water, lemon juice, vinegar, bouillon, salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in sour cream and beef; heat through (do not boil). Serve with noodles. Garnish with paprika and parsley. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (4 ounces) equals 397 calories, 27 g fat (16 g saturated fat), 132 mg cholesterol, 882 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 26 g protein.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.