- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 pound mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- Hot cooked noodles
- Paprika and chopped fresh parsley
- Cut beef into 1/8-in. thick strips. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook beef in butter until no longer pink. Remove with a slotted spoon and keep warm.
- In pan juices, cook mushrooms and onion until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in flour. Add water, lemon juice, vinegar, bouillon, salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in sour cream and beef; heat through (do not boil). Serve with noodles. Garnish with paprika and parsley. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Tangy Beef Mushroom Stroganoff
"Good for a quick meal. I used ground beef & white wine vinegar since that's what I had on hand. I also use "Better than Bouillon" instead of regular bouillon."
"this is excellent to serve to company. Prepare ahead, then heat & pour over noodles. Cut beef in bite-size pieces, more tender.letting it sit in sauce tenderizes & soaks in the flavors."
"Quick and easy meal I used ground beef instead of steak turned out great. Definitely will cook again."
"This was amazing. It is creamy, savory, and a little tart. I used a couple tablespoons of beef stock instead of bouillon cubes, and didn't realize until halfway through cooking I only had red cooking wine instead of red wine vinegar, but I don't think either of these two substitutes changed the recipe much. I loved it so much I ended up eating some of the left overs for breakfast the next morning."
"This was really good! I didn't have any mushrooms and it was still lucious, although would have been better with. I only had 3-4 oz. of sour cream so I added that and 4 oz of cream cheese. That was wonderful. This recipe will be replacing my old stroganoff recipe."
"This wasn't bad. I may make it again if I have the ingredients on hand. Not a favorite though."
"Simple and wonderful."
"this is by far my favorite stroganoff recipe. it's also very good w/venison."
"This was delicious. Definitely a keeper. I used a tablespoon of Malbec instead of red wine vinegar, which probably added to its superbness."