Tangy Beef Chili Recipe
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 can (15 ounces) Ranch Style beans (pinto beans in seasoned tomato sauce)
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) no-salt-added diced tomatoes, undrained
- 4 teaspoons chili powder
- 1-1/4 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 wedges The Laughing Cow light blue cheese
- 1. In a large saucepan, cook the beef, green pepper and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- 2. Stir in the beans, tomatoes, chili powder, cumin and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until flavors are blended. Top with cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup equals 266 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 52 mg cholesterol, 663 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 21 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 vegetable.