Tangy Beef Brisket
We like the sauce for my brisket over elk, moose and venison salami as well. And we also use it to spice hamburgers and hot dogs we sizzle on the grill.
-Jacque Watkins, Green River, Wyoming
12-14 ServingsPrep: 50 min. Bake: 4 hours
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 bottle (28 ounces) ketchup
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 boneless beef brisket (6 pounds)
- In a large saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Add the next
- nine ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered,
- for 30-40 minutes.
- Place brisket in a roasting pan. Add 3 cups of sauce. Cover and bake
- at 350° for 4 hours or until tender, basting occasionally. Skim
- fat. To serve, thinly slice across the grain. Top with remaining
- sauce if desired. Yield: 12-14 servings (6 cups sauce).
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 458 calories, 15 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 100 mg cholesterol, 1,033 mg sodium,