Tangy Beef Brisket Recipe
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 bottle (28 ounces) ketchup
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 boneless beef brisket (6 pounds)
- In a large saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Add the next nine ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 30-40 minutes.
- Place brisket in a roasting pan. Add 3 cups of sauce. Cover and bake at 350° for 4 hours or until tender, basting occasionally. Skim fat. To serve, thinly slice across the grain. Top with remaining sauce if desired. Yield: 12-14 servings (6 cups sauce).
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Tangy Beef Brisket(8)
Sort By :
I never made a brisket before I tried this recipe and it was a hit with my family. This will definitely be in our recipe rotation.
Forgot to say that I cooked it in my roaster (since I made for 24 people).
I had made brisket once before with another recipe, but made this for a Christmas dinner I cooked for my co-workers. Mouth-wateringly good. The sauce is absolutely wonderful!! Can't wait to make it for a family gathering!
I have made brisket with this recipe several times and in fact have one in the oven now! We live in the south so the BBQ bar is high, and we love this recipe. It is just about as good as eating out.
I followed the recipe as written, using a 6 pound cut of meat. I served 8 adults and 4 children. the next time will use more meat as it does shrink in cooking. Excellent easy recipe.