Tangy BBQ Sauce Recipe
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1-1/2 cups ketchup
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 3/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup sugar-free maple-flavored syrup
- 4-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons reduced-sodium beef bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1. In a large nonstick saucepan, saute onion in oil until tender. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 45 minutes or until sauce is thickened and reduced to 2-1/2 cups. Yield: 2-1/2 cups.
2 tablespoons equals 36 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 390 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.
Reviews for Tangy BBQ Sauce
Enjoy this recipe with a blush wine such as White Zinfandel or a Rosé.