Tangy BBQ Sauce Recipe
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1-1/2 cups ketchup
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 3/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup sugar-free maple-flavored syrup
- 4-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons reduced-sodium beef bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1. In a large nonstick saucepan, saute onion in oil until tender. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 45 minutes or until sauce is thickened and reduced to 2-1/2 cups. Yield: 2-1/2 cups.
2 tablespoon: 36 calories, 1g fat (trace saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 390mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (3g sugars, trace fiber), trace protein
Reviews for Tangy BBQ Sauce
"This is the only barbecue sauce that my family likes now!"
Enjoy this recipe with a blush wine such as White Zinfandel or a Rosé.