Tangy BBQ Meatballs Recipe
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs (about 12 squares)
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 3/4 pound ground turkey
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 can (6 ounces) frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1/4 cup water
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the egg white, cracker crumbs, milk, mustard and salt. Crumble beef and turkey over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls. Place meatballs on a greased rack in a shallow baking pan. Bake at 375° for 20 minutes or until beat is no longer pink; drain.
- 2. Transfer meatballs to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Combine sauce ingredients; pour over meatballs. Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour. Yield: 3 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 109 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 22 mg cholesterol, 210 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 8 g protein.
Reviews for Tangy BBQ Meatballs
Enjoy this recipe with a blush wine such as White Zinfandel or a Rosé.