Tangy BBQ Meatballs
Orange juice lends wonderful tang to these tender tasty meatballs. They're one of my most popular appetizers, and I can make them ahead, the pop in the oven an hour before serving. A do-ahead delight during this busy season!
18 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour 20 min.
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs (about 12 squares)
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 3/4 pound ground turkey
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 can (6 ounces) frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1/4 cup water
- In a large bowl, combine the egg white, cracker crumbs, milk, mustard
- and salt. Crumble beef and turkey over mixture and mix well. Shape
- into 1-1/2-in. balls. Place meatballs on a greased rack in a shallow
- baking pan. Bake at 375° for 20 minutes or until beat is no
- longer pink; drain.
- Transfer meatballs to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Combine sauce
- ingredients; pour over meatballs. Cover and bake at 350° for 1
- hour. Yield: 3 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 109 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 22 mg cholesterol, 210 mg sodium,