- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs (about 12 squares)
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 pound ground beef
- 3/4 pound ground turkey
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 can (6 ounces) frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1/4 cup water
- In a large bowl, combine the egg white, cracker crumbs, milk, mustard and salt. Crumble beef and turkey over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls. Place meatballs on a greased rack in a shallow baking pan. Bake at 375° for 20 minutes or until beat is no longer pink; drain.
- Transfer meatballs to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Combine sauce ingredients; pour over meatballs. Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour. Yield: 3 dozen.
Originally published as Zesty Meatballs in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2005, p25
Enjoy this recipe with a blush wine such as White Zinfandel or a Rosé.
Reviews for Tangy BBQ Meatballs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Appetizers >
- Baked Turkey >
- Beef Appetizers >
- Beef Recipes >
- Christmas Appetizers >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Ground Beef Meatball Recipes >
- Holiday Finger Foods >
- Meat Appetizers >
- Meatball Appetizers >