A light herb vinaigrette makes this tangy salad so refreshing for a warm summer evening, notes Marian Platt of Sequim, Washington.
- 2 pounds fresh green or wax beans, trimmed
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 2/3 cup minced fresh basil
- 2 to 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons cider or red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pepper to taste
- 2/3 cup grated Romano cheese
- Cut beans into 1-1/4-in. pieces. Place in a saucepan and cover with water bring to a boil. Cook, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until crisp-tender. Rinse with cold water and drain well. In a bowl, combine the beans, onions, basil, oil, vinegar, salt and pepper. Sprinkle with Romano cheese and toss to coat. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Basil Bean Salad in Taste of Home August/September 2000, p18
Reviews for Tangy Basil Bean Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review