A light herb vinaigrette makes this tangy salad so refreshing for a warm summer evening, notes Marian Platt of Sequim, Washington.
- 2 pounds fresh green or wax beans, trimmed
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 2/3 cup minced fresh basil
- 2 to 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons cider or red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pepper to taste
- 2/3 cup grated Romano cheese
- Cut beans into 1-1/4-in. pieces. Place in a saucepan and cover with water bring to a boil. Cook, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until crisp-tender. Rinse with cold water and drain well. In a bowl, combine the beans, onions, basil, oil, vinegar, salt and pepper. Sprinkle with Romano cheese and toss to coat. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Basil Bean Salad in Taste of Home August/September 2000, p18
Reviews for Tangy Basil Bean Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 2, 2014
"Very easy and tasty dish. I've had many requests for the recipe."