Tangy Barbecued Pork Chops Recipe
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 lemon slice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke, optional
- 6 bone-in pork loin chops (7 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine the first nine ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat: simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes. Stir in the ketchup, Worcestershire sauce and liquid smoke if desired; heat through. Discard lemon.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, brown pork chops in oil in batches. Transfer to a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray; pour sauce over chops.
- 3. Cover and bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 6 servings.
1 chop equals 279 calories, 11 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 86 mg cholesterol, 500 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 31 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 starch.
Reviews for Tangy Barbecued Pork Chops
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.