- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 lemon slice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke, optional
- 6 bone-in pork loin chops (7 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- In a small saucepan, combine the first nine ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat: simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes. Stir in the ketchup, Worcestershire sauce and liquid smoke if desired; heat through. Discard lemon.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, brown pork chops in oil in batches. Transfer to a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray; pour sauce over chops.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forTangy Barbecued Pork Chops
"Very tasty and tender. Didn't change a thing about the recipe, but I baked at 325 instead of 350 only because I had other things in the oven. Will definitely make again."
"I love how fast and easy this was to make with things that I have in the kitchen already. I will make this again!"
"I also make this recipe with chicken, it's so great."
"My husband, who doesn't like pork chops, asked for these again! Thanks for the keeper!"
"Great, simple recipe using all ingredients that I had on hand! I made the sauce early in the day (only used 1/4 tsp of Liquid Smoke) and kept it in the fridge to speed up dinner time. Worked out perfect! Also used boneless loin chops (about 1/2" thick) since that's what I had on hand. Moist, flavorful, and delicious!"