Tangy Barbecued Beef
Families are sure to enjoy these hearty sandwiches sent in by Nancye Thompson of Paducah, Kentucky. Convenient deli roast beef is jazzed up with a flavorful sauce that simmers swiftly on the stovetop.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-1/2 cups ketchup
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Dash pepper
- 3 cups thinly sliced deli roast beef, cut into strips
- 6 sandwich rolls, split
- In a large saucepan, combine the first 11 ingredients; bring to a
- boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 14-15 minutes or until
- heated through, stirring occasionally. Stir in beef; cover and
- simmer 5-10 minutes longer or until heated through. Serve on rolls.
- Yield: 6 servings.