Tangy Barbecued Beef Recipe
Families are sure to enjoy these hearty sandwiches sent in by Nancye Thompson of Paducah, Kentucky. Convenient deli roast beef is jazzed up with a flavorful sauce that simmers swiftly on the stovetop.
- 1-1/2 cups ketchup
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Dash pepper
- 3 cups thinly sliced deli roast beef, cut into strips
- 6 sandwich rolls, split
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the first 11 ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 14-15 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally. Stir in beef; cover and simmer 5-10 minutes longer or until heated through. Serve on rolls. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Tangy Barbecued Beef
Reviewed May. 22, 2013
"This is so good!! The sauce is delicious and it's very quick to make. I served it with the Meatball and Vegetable Soup in the same issue."
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC