Families are sure to enjoy these hearty sandwiches sent in by Nancye Thompson of Paducah, Kentucky. Convenient deli roast beef is jazzed up with a flavorful sauce that simmers swiftly on the stovetop.
Featured In: 95 Tasty Low-Carb Dinner Ideas
- 1-1/2 cups ketchup
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Dash pepper
- 3 cups thinly sliced deli roast beef, cut into strips
- 6 sandwich rolls, split
- In a large saucepan, combine the first 11 ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 14-15 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally. Stir in beef; cover and simmer 5-10 minutes longer or until heated through. Serve on rolls. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Tangy Barbecued Beef in Quick Cooking January/February 2005, p43
Reviews for Tangy Barbecued Beef
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 22, 2013
"This is so good!! The sauce is delicious and it's very quick to make. I served it with the Meatball and Vegetable Soup in the same issue."