Families are sure to enjoy these hearty sandwiches sent in by Nancye Thompson of Paducah, Kentucky. Convenient deli roast beef is jazzed up with a flavorful sauce that simmers swiftly on the stovetop.
Recommended: 95 Tasty Low-Carb Dinner Ideas
- 1-1/2 cups ketchup
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Dash pepper
- 3 cups thinly sliced deli roast beef, cut into strips
- 6 sandwich rolls, split
- In a large saucepan, combine the first 11 ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 14-15 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally. Stir in beef; cover and simmer 5-10 minutes longer or until heated through. Serve on rolls. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Tangy Barbecued Beef in Quick Cooking January/February 2005, p43
Reviews for Tangy Barbecued Beef
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review