- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 hamburger buns, split
- In a Dutch oven, cook beef and onion over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until beef is no longer pink, breaking up beef into crumbles; drain. Stir in ketchup, brown sugar, water, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, vinegar and salt; heat through. Serve on buns. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Tangy Barbecued Beef Sandwiches
Sort By :
"This was a quick, easy & delicious recipe. I did not use barbecue sauce & just added another tablespoon of ketchup instead. I disagree with another reviewer who said this recipe had no flavor. We thought it was very tasty."
"Very good and super easy to make. I'll be making this one again. (I served it on pretzel buns/rolls, which was also good!)"
"Quick and easy recipe to make. Not a lot of flavor, but still very good."
"Simple, easy & delicious!!"
"I tried this and both my husband and I enjoyed it. I made a big batch for a party and served it from a crockpot; it was a hit!"