- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 hamburger buns, split
- In a Dutch oven, cook beef and onion over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until beef is no longer pink, breaking up beef into crumbles; drain. Stir in ketchup, brown sugar, water, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, vinegar and salt; heat through. Serve on buns. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Tangy Barbecued Beef Sandwiches
Sort By :
"Very good and super easy to make. I'll be making this one again. (I served it on pretzel buns/rolls, which was also good!)"
"Quick and easy recipe to make. Not a lot of flavor, but still very good."
"Simple, easy & delicious!!"
"I tried this and both my husband and I enjoyed it. I made a big batch for a party and served it from a crockpot; it was a hit!"
"Because I trust nearly every receipe from Taste of Home. I doubled this receipe and made it for the first time for a party. Taste of Home came through for me again! Everyone loved the sandwiches. It was like a summer time meal in the middle of winter."