Tangy Barbecue Wings Recipe
- 5 pounds chicken wings
- 2-1/2 cups ketchup
- 2/3 cup white vinegar
- 2/3 cup honey
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 2 to 3 tablespoons hot pepper sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon liquid smoke, optional
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°. Using a sharp knife, cut through the two wing joints; discard wing tips. Arrange remaining wing pieces in two greased 15x10x1-in. baking pans. Bake 30 minutes; drain. Turn wings; bake 20-25 minutes longer or until juices run clear.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 3. Drain wings. Place one-third of the chicken in a 5-qt. slow cooker; top with one-third of the sauce. Repeat layers twice. Cook, covered, on low 3-4 hours. Stir before serving. Yield: about 2 dozen wings.
1 wing (2 sections) equals 178 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 30 mg cholesterol, 458 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 10 g protein.
Reviews for Tangy Barbecue Wings
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer