Tangy Barbecue Sauce Recipe
My mother-in-law created this recipe, and we just can't get enough of her delectable sauce! I always keep a little out of the basting dish prior to using it on the grill so we have some to serve at the table. It tastes terrific on any grilled meat. —Mary Kaye Rackowitz, Marysville, Washington
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 5 min. Cook: 35 min. YIELD:12 servings
- 1 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1. Combine all of the ingredients in a small saucepan; bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- 2. Discard bay leaf. Use as a basting sauce when grilling chicken, pork or beef. Yield: 1-1/2 cups.
1 serving (1 tablespoon) equals 41 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 456 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC