- 1 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- Combine all of the ingredients in a small saucepan; bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Discard bay leaf. Use as a basting sauce when grilling chicken, pork or beef. Yield: 1-1/2 cups.
Reviews for Tangy Barbecue Sauce
"Excellent taste and very easy to make"
"I will never buy barbecue sauce again. We love this recipe and it's so easy to make!"
"This has been a favourite in our kitchen for years, keeps well so great to have on hand."
"Great recipe and taste great one you'll use over and over again."
"For extra zip in the sauce I added Franks Red Hot and used Apple Cider Vinegar instead of Cider Vinegar and if you like it a little smokey, try adding liquid smoke..."