My mother-in-law created this recipe, and we just can't get enough of her delectable sauce! I always keep a little out of the basting dish prior to using it on the grill so we have some to serve at the table. It tastes terrific on any grilled meat. —Mary Kaye Rackowitz, Marysville, Washington
- 1 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- Combine all of the ingredients in a small saucepan; bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Discard bay leaf. Use as a basting sauce when grilling chicken, pork or beef. Yield: 1-1/2 cups.
Originally published as Tangy Barbecue Sauce in Taste of Home June/July 1994, p27
Reviews for Tangy Barbecue Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review