Tangy Barbecue Sauce Recipe
- 1 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- Combine all of the ingredients in a small saucepan; bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Discard bay leaf. Use as a basting sauce when grilling chicken, pork or beef. Yield: 1-1/2 cups.
Reviews for Tangy Barbecue Sauce(5)
Sort By :
Great recipe and taste great one you'll use over and over again.
For extra zip in the sauce I added Franks Red Hot and used Apple Cider Vinegar instead of Cider Vinegar and if you like it a little smokey, try adding liquid smoke...
I tried this recipe for the first time on back ribs and it is fantastic! Best BBQ sauce recipe I've ever tried
This was just ok. I'm trying to find a recipe as good as the bottled stuff, but this wasn't it. It wasn't bad, just not great.
Good basic sauce, but it needs more zip and I like it thicker. I intend to play with it to improve it for my taste.