Tangy Barbecue Sandwiches Recipe
Since I prepare the beef for these robust sandwiches in the slow cooker, it's easy to fix a meal for a hungry bunch. The savory homemade sauce assures I come home with no leftovers. —Debbi Smith, Crossett, Arkansas
- 3 cups chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (3 to 4 pounds), trimmed and cut in half
- 14 to 18 hamburger buns, split
- 1. In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the first 12 ingredients. Add roast. Cover and cook on high for 1 hour. Reduce heat to low and cook 6-8 hours longer or until meat is tender.
- 2. Remove roast; cool. Shred meat and return to sauce; heat through. Using a slotted spoon, fill each bun with about 1/2 cup of meat mixture. Yield: 14-18 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 262 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 49 mg cholesterol, 659 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 18 g protein.
Reviews for Tangy Barbecue Sandwiches
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC