Tangy Barbecue Sandwiches Recipe
- 3 cups chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (3 to 4 pounds), trimmed and cut in half
- 14 to 18 hamburger buns, split
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the first 12 ingredients. Add roast. Cover and cook on high for 1 hour. Reduce heat to low and cook 6-8 hours longer or until meat is tender.
- Remove roast; cool. Shred meat and return to sauce; heat through. Using a slotted spoon, fill each bun with about 1/2 cup of meat mixture. Yield: 14-18 servings.
Reviews for Tangy Barbecue Sandwiches(13)
Sort By :
This recipe is totally awesome! I made this and put it on homemade hamburger buns and they were delish!
This recipe is AMAZING! So easy to prepare with wonderful results - tender, flavorful, and even delicious as left-overs.
I used a spicy BBQ sauce and it was the perfect seasoning for my family, everyone had seconds!
Very good. I used venison rather than beef.
I've made this recipe many times over the years and it is a family favorite. Incidentally, I got this recipe before there was a website.