Tangy Barbecue Burgers
For a deliciously different burger, try these unique burgers. The sauerkraut and berry sauce adds so much flavor to a wonderful burger.The Fremont Company
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 cup sauerkraut, rinsed and well drained
- 1/3 cup whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1 pound ground beef
- 4 hamburger buns, split and toasted
- In a large saucepan, combine the sauerkraut, cranberry sauce,
- barbecue sauce and brown sugar. Simmer for 15 minutes, stirring
- Meanwhile, beat egg; add water and soup mix. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Crumble beef over mixture and mix just until combined. Form into
- four patties.
- Grill, uncovered, over medium-hot heat for 5-6 minutes or until meat
- is no longer pink. Serve on buns with the warm sauce. Yield: 4
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 460 calories, 18 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 128 mg cholesterol, 1,298 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 29 g protein.