- 1 cup sauerkraut, rinsed and well drained
- 1/3 cup whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1 pound ground beef
- 4 hamburger buns, split and toasted
- In a large saucepan, combine the sauerkraut, cranberry sauce, barbecue sauce and brown sugar. Simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, beat egg; add water and soup mix. Let stand for 5 minutes. Crumble beef over mixture and mix just until combined. Form into four patties.
- Grill, uncovered, over medium-hot heat for 5-6 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Serve on buns with the warm sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Mike Ditka "The Coach" Cabernet Sauvignon CA 2011, a full-bodied, big bold cab with all of the dark fruit notes and structure that a great cab needs. Buy now and get 6 bottles, plus free shipping. Order Now