Tangy Barbecue Beef Sandwiches Recipe
A quick, tangy sauce gives these family-pleasing sandwiches lots of zip. “I've had this recipe for years,” writes Sharon Zagar of Gardner, Illinois. “I've given it out many, many times.”
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 6 hamburger buns, split
- 1. In a large nonstick skillet, cook the beef, celery and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- 2. Stir in the tomato sauce, ketchup, brown sugar, barbecue sauce, mustard and Worcestershire sauce. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes to allow flavors to blend. Spoon 3/4 cup onto each bun. Yield: 6 servings.
1 sandwich equals 348 calories, 11 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 719 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 27 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch.
Reviews for Tangy Barbecue Beef Sandwiches
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC