Tangy Barbecue Beef Sandwiches
A quick, tangy sauce gives these family-pleasing sandwiches lots of zip. “I've had this recipe for years,” writes Sharon Zagar of Gardner, Illinois. “I've given it out many, many times.”
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 6 hamburger buns, split
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook the beef, celery and onion over
- medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in the tomato sauce, ketchup, brown sugar, barbecue sauce,
- mustard and Worcestershire sauce. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat;
- simmer, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes to allow flavors to blend.
- Spoon 3/4 cup onto each bun.
- Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 sandwich equals 348 calories, 11 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 719 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber,