- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 6 hamburger buns, split
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook the beef, celery and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in the tomato sauce, ketchup, brown sugar, barbecue sauce, mustard and Worcestershire sauce. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes to allow flavors to blend. Spoon 3/4 cup onto each bun. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Tangy Barbecue Beef Sandwiches
Sort By :
loved the tangy/sweet taste!
This is a good recipe. Quick like it says and easy! It's really just Sloppy Joe's though. I was hoping for a different flavor, but my family still enjoyed it and I'll probably make it again.
Loved it! Only thing I did differently was use green pepper instead of celery. Will definitely be making this again!
these are YUM-O!!!
made them yesterday for the 1st time - will definately make them again. didn't change anything - perfect as is.
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Sandwich Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Ground Beef Sloppy Joe Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Sandwich Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Hot Sandwich Recipes >