Tangy Balsamic Vinaigrette
This salad topper coats spinach or any greens so nicely...and it's easy to prepare. I like to use balsamic vinegar, which gives it a tart, refreshing flavor.
-Alcy Thorne, Los Molinos, California
16 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 5 min.
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup olive oil
- Salad greens and croutons
- In a blender, combine the vinegar, sugar, ketchup, onion,
- Worcestershire sauce and salt; cover and process until smooth. While
- processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream. Serve with salad
- greens and croutons. Yield: 2 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 155 calories, 14 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 219 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.